Company Overview: MetroPCS is headquartered in Dallas TX and was started in 1994. They own or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Network Benefits: All-digital network offers voice and high speed data services.
Special Plan Features: Prepaid-only services offer flat monthly rate for unlimited calling. Local and long distance plans available. Free activation and first month free with new account and phone purchase. Talk-all-you-want service in five basic cellular plans priced at $30, $35, $40, $45 or $50.
Unique Features: @metro service allows pay as you go mobile entertainment and information. Text and picture messaging services.
Pros: Best rates for unlimited calling. Prepaid service requires no yearly committment.
Cons: Limited network coverage. Roaming charges start at $.49/minute. Voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting cost extra. Phone prices higher than those of monthly contract carriers.
Technology Used: CDMA 1900 MHz band.
Coverage: They owns or have access to licenses serving 140 million-plus people in 14 of the top 25 U.S. markets.
Customer Service: See Consumer Reviews
- The Alcatel 768 basic clamshell phone offers a 2.4" display, 128 MB internal storage, 611 MHz processor, removable battery, eZiText entry technology, and 2MP camera.
- The Samsung Galaxy Mega offers a 6.3" display (720x1280 pixels) and a 3,200 mAh battery, 1.5 GHz dual-core CPU, 1.5 GHz of RAM, 8MP with 1080p HD recording, and Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz.
- The LG Optimus F3 offers a 4" IPS touchscreen display, 5MP camera, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, NFC, 4G LTE support, mobile hotspot, DLNA, HD Voice, and Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).
- Adding to the color options at Verizon Wireless, a black model is available. The GSIII offers Samsung's TouchWiz UI, Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) 4.8" HD Super AMOLED touchscreen display, 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor, and 8MP camera with 1.9MP front-facing camera. Some special Samsung features include Smart Stay, S Voice, S Beam, and Pop up Play.
- The Huawei Premia 4G offers Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960 dual-core processor, 5MP camera, LED flash, auto-focus, 1.3MP front-facing camera, WiFi, and mobile hotspot.
- The Samsung Galaxy S 4 offers a 5" Super AMOLED touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 3, 13MP camera with flash 1080p HD video capture, and 2MP front-facing camera. Other key features include smart remote with IR for using your device as a TV remote control, intelligent smart scroll, and AIR VIEW™ so you can view photos, open files, and accept calls without touching the phone.
- The Nokia Lumia 521 announced during MWC will be heading to T-Mobile in 2013 offering a new Windows Phone 8 smartphone to their lineup. Key features include a 5 MP camera, 4" touchscreen display, 1 GHz dual-core processor and 8GB of storage.
- The LG Spirit offers a 5MP camera with LED flash, 1.3MP front-facing camera, DLNA, Android, 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon dual-core processor, data tethering, WiFi, and mobile hotspot capable.
- The Huawei Pinnacle 2 offers a 2.4" display with a full QWERTY keyboard. Other key features include a 192 Mhz processor, 24 MB internal memory, GPS, micro-USB connector, Bluetooth technology, and BREW.
- The clamshell Samsung Contour 2 offers a four-way navigation keypad, internal and external display, 3.5mm headset jack, voice dialing, 1.3MP camera, and music player.